ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR, PANIC STATIONS, HOLIDAY IS IMMINENT !!
Need to get ready for the bikini, fellas start training legs suddenly and want abs !!
Well i have seen and heard all the ” hacks ” and “tips” for the summer shred and heres some of the big mistakes we see year after year
Holiday body mistake numero uno
- Massive calorie restriction and starving yourself – panic stations mean starvation and the bingeing that comes with it usually. To create a calorie deficit is defo the way forward if you are trying to drop weight but there is a point where you will simply become tired, malnourished and start eating into muscle tissue if you go too low which will not serve your long term fat loss and bikini body plans much good. Try and create a 250 calorie daily as a starting point and keep the protein intake high and do resistance training 4 days per week
Holiday mistake numero dos
- Rushing for the fat burners as the answer – there is some evidence to a degree that caffeine may have fat liberating effects and ive had some great results with certain forms of carnitine but these might add 1% difference in the big picture . 99% of your results will come from nutrition, training and recovery. Some people like the fat burners that act as appetite suppressants but these are never a healthy alternative or certainly not a long term solution.
Holiday mistake number 3 ( sorry didnt listen in languages at school )
- avoiding weights as we wont lose fat and will get too bulky for the holiday. Lifting weights in a slight calorie deficit is probably the best way to train in the build up to your holidays !!!!. Also the only way of “toning” or firming a muscle is progressive resistance training , basically challenging the muscle fibres and connective tissues to get stronger.
Holiday mistake number 4
- endless cardio training – cardio will burn calories no doubt but it isnt the fastest and most efficient way to drop bodyfat. Mixing up strength training, cardio, HIIT & strongman training is gonna be the best way for most people to retain muscle and drop the fat in a safe quick manner.
Holiday mistake number 5
- copying what you see in magazines and not getting the help or a coach or PT. The routines you see might be ok but possibly not for you. One size fits all fitness training isnt always the best idea. Injuries/medication, lifestyle might mean certain exercises or styles of training might not be a good fit. At MPFIT we offer free programmes and reviews for our members to make sure they are doing the safest and most effective. We also offer a 4 week kickstarter programme to all new joiners to make sure you get off to the best possible start.
If you are interested we are starting our new 8 wk Body transformation programme at the start of May to create head turning changes e mail us at email@example.com to get you in shape for your holidays