Ok you set off to make 2017 the best year ever,
- get in the best shape ever
- join the gym and go X times a week
- finally shift that weight and keep it off
- start the business
- read books you have been putting off
- enrol on that course you said you would
and it goes on,
i encouraged people at the start of 2017 to be held accountable in our private MEMBERS INNER CIRCLE GROUP and post their 90 day goals for the first quarter of 2017
Telling the world what we we are going to do put social pressure and accountability makes a massive difference as it becomes real.
This gets super powerful when we formulate a plan of making it happen an have a coach hold us daily, weekly accountable to the actions we need to do to make X a reality.
Where are you at ?
So lets be honest now,
- What did you say you were going to achieve in 2017 ??
- did you break it down into specific goals ?
- did you priorities them ?
- did you set deadlines ?
- did you get a coach to help you ?
The power of keeping score !
- you never know if you are winning if you dont keep score !
- keeping score is tracking daily what you did against what you should have done eg calories, protein, minutes exercising, steps walked etc, number of hours sleep
- results become predictable when you keep score and do the consistent daily actions you need to do to bring about the result you want.
- feedback is staring you right in the face when you keep score, eg do 10,000 steps per day, apple watch tells you 4,000 steps !!, calories at 2000 calories per day and punch them into myfinesspal and turn out at 3000 !!!.
- never allows you to drift off track far a bit like an aeroplane….. they are off course over 95% of the time but a re always adjusting and course correcting to ultimately achieve the desired end destination.
What next ?
- if you havnt done so mark where you are against q1 targets if it was 12 pound weight loss and you have achieved 8 at least you know and review the 3 month period looking at what you learned and what you could do better / differently
- if you got nowhere near then start the autopsy now…….. did you do the work ?, was the goal important to you ?, did you make excuses all the time ?. Most important be HONEST !!!!!
- If you didnt post up goals, get a coach and have people to hold you accountable and support you them make sure you dont repeat the mistake of q1
But i dont know what to set ?
- look at different areas of your life, health, wealth, relationships, family, career, business etc etc and look at areas you want to makes some changes and improvements
- set some important to you benchmarks/goals in these areas and work back from the goal down to weekly and daily things you must do to achieve them
- if you are unsure what to do this is where a coach / personal trainer comes in as they can fastrack and make the results more predictable.
If you need any support of help or fancy trying a PT session please email us
For pt sessions at Birstall – firstname.lastname@example.org
For pt sessions at Brighouse – email@example.com